- Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ
- Post-processed GRACE/GRACE-FO Geopotential GSM Coefficients GFZ RL06 (Level-2B Product)
- Gravitational Field
- Gravity Anomaly
- Gravity Field
- Gravity Recovery And Climate Experiment (GRACE)
- Mass Balance
- Mass Transport
- Satellite Geodesy
- Spherical Harmonic Model
- Time Variable Gravity
- Total Water Storage
- GRACE Follow-on (GRACE-FO)
Post-processed GRACE/GRACE-FO spherical harmonic coefficients of GFZ RL06 Level-2 GSM products representing an estimate of Earth's gravity field variations during the specified timespan. Post-processing steps comprise: (1) subtraction of a long-term mean field; (2) optionally, decorrelation and smoothing with VDK filter (anisotropic filter taking the actual error covariance information of the underlying GSM coefficients into account, see Horvath et al. (2018)); (3) replacement of coefficient C20 and its uncertainty by values estimated from Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR); (4) subtraction of linear trend caused by Glacial Isostatic Adjustment (GIA) as provided by a numerical model; (5) insertion of coefficients of degree 1; and (6) removal of estimated signal with 161 days period. These coefficients represent signals caused by water mass redistribution over the continents and in the oceans.
These post-processed GRACE/GRACE-FO GSM products are denoted as Level-2B products.
There are multiple variants of Level-2B products available that differ by the characteristics of the anisotropic filter applied. These variants are distinguishable by the following strings in the product file names:
- 'NFIL': Level-2B product is not filtered
- 'VDK2': Level-2B product is filtered with VDK2
- 'VDK3': Level-2B product is filtered with VDK3
- 'VDK5': Level-2B product is filtered with VDK5
The individual data sets and models used during the post-processing steps mentioned above are provided as well (in the aux_data folder):
- 'GRAVIS-2B_2002095-2016247_GFZOP_0600_NFIL_0001.gz': Long-term mean field calculated as unweighted average of the 156 available GFZ RL06 GSM products in the period from 2002/04 up to and including 2016/08.
- 'GFZ_RL06_C20_SLR.dat': C20 time series from SLR (http://doi.org/10.5880/GFZ.GRAVIS_06_C20_SLR)
- 'GRAVIS-2B_GIA_ICE5G_VILMA.gz': Model for subtraction of linear trend caused by GIA
- 'GRAVIS-2B_DEG1_v01.dat': Degree-1 time series
Detailed information about the product is provided in the header of the data file.
|GCMD Sciencekeywords describing the dataset. Click on Keyword to find similar datasets||