This is an updated version of Gütschow et al. (2018, http://doi.org/10.5880/pik.2018.003). Please use this version which incorporates updates to input data as well as correction of errors in the original dataset and its previous updates. For a detailed description of the changes please consult the CHANGELOG included in the data description document.
The PRIMAP-hist dataset combines several published datasets to create a comprehensive set of greenhouse gas emission pathways for every country and Kyoto gas covering the years 1850 to 2016, and all UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) member states, as well as most non-UNFCCC territories. The data resolves the main IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) 2006 categories. For CO2, CH4, and N2O subsector data for Energy, Industrial Processes and Agriculture is available. Version 2.0 of the PRIMAP-hist dataset does not include emissions from Land use, land use change and forestry (LULUCF).
List of datasets included in this data publication:
(1) PRIMAP-hist_v2.0_11-Dec-2018.csv: With numerical extrapolation of all time series to 2016. (only in .zip folder)
(2) PRIMAP-hist_no_extrapolation_v2.0_11-Dec-2018.csv: Without numerical extrapolation of missing values. (only in .zip folder)
(3) PRIMAP-hist_v2.0_data-format-description: including CHANGELOG
(4) PRIMAP-hist_v2.0_updated_figures: updated figures of those published in Gütschow et al. (2016)
(all files are also included in the .zip folder)
When using this dataset or one of its updates, please also cite the data description article (Gütschow et al., 2016, http://doi.org/10.5194/essd-8-571-2016) to which this data are supplement to. Please consider also citing the relevant original sources.
- Global CO2 emissions from cement production v2: Andrew (2018)
- BP Statistical Review of World Energy: BP (2018)
- CDIAC: Boden et al. (2017)
- EDGAR version 4.3.2: JRC and PBL (2017), Janssens-Maenhout et al. (2017)
- EDGAR versions 4.2 and 4.2 FT2010: JRC and PBL (2011), Olivier and Janssens-Maenhout (2012)
- EDGAR-HYDE 1.4: Van Aardenne et al. (2001), Olivier and Berdowski (2001)
- FAOSTAT database: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (2018)
- RCP historical data: Meinshausen et al. (2011)
- UNFCCC National Communications and National Inventory Reports for developing countries: UNFCCC (2018)
- UNFCCC Biennal Update Reports: UNFCCC (2018)
- UNFCCC Common Reporting Format (CRF): UNFCCC (2017), UNFCCC (2018), Jeffery et al. (2018)
Full references are available in the data description document.