- Vereshchagin 98 Expedition
- Vereshchagin Expedition 98
- Vereshchagin Long Cores Expedition 2001
- High-resolution CONTINENTal paleoclimate record in Lake Baikal
- Trace element composition of concretions, ICPMS measurements
- sample depth
- type of main lithological unit
N. Fagel, L.Y. Alleman, L. Granina, F. Hatert, E. Bozso, R. Cloots and L. André, Vivianite formation and distribution in Lake Baikal sediments, Glob. Planet. Change 46 (2005), pp. 315-336.
In order to get a complete geochemical signature, 14 P-rich concretions, chosen among the different cores, were acid digested (Table 3a and Table 3b). In a clean laboratory, 1.7 to 36 mg of concretions were digested overnight in a concentrated mixture of Suprapur acid (3 ml HCl/2 ml HNO3/1 ml HF) at 90 °C in sealed Teflon beakers. After evaporation to dryness, the residue was dissolved in 2.5 ml of 2% HNO3 Suprapur and diluted to 12 ml with Milli-Q water. During the same procedure, we have also dissolved and analysed, for comparison, a pure vivianite from Anlua, Cameroon (tubular crystals, MRAC collection).
|GCMD Sciencekeywords describing the dataset. Click on Keyword to find similar datasets||